View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2009, 01:41 PM

Corporal

Pablomatic is on a distinguished road
Default Jomon needs to get underwater ASAP

I'm sure others are aware of this, but I just discovered a game-changing aspect of Jomon that helps them out considerably.

Go into the sea. Apparently there's a reason that Jomon's best hero is the Son of the (Underwater) Dragon King. At any underwater Jomon fortress, they can recruit water dragon mages (can't remember name). These have 3W 2? 10%? Elemental magic. This means that most have 3W and 2 of an element (sometimes 3, so W3F3, etc).

Furthermore, underwater Jomon can recruit shark warriors. Part man, part shark, good protection, good hp/attack. These guys can go on land too. Still no shields, but these are big, bad-assed melee warriors who can go on land.

So, while Jomon has many, many difficulties, if they can get their 2nd castle up underwater, many of these are mitigated. I had no idea that getting into the sea could strengthen Jomon so much, but it's amazing what trading in those land mages (other than Omji-yos for their astral) for poisionous, flying, dragon mages does to the balance of power.