View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2010, 01:24 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MA Test Game - Retinues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPraetorious View Post
The *main* purpose of this mod is to motivate people to actually use their national commanders.

Once that is in place (if even to a limited extent), you can balance weaker nations by giving them better national commanders/retinues. At present, having better national commanders is a completely meaningless advantage.
Hmm, looking at the mod, I suppose giving national commanders retinues might promote their use more (certainly be fun), though I'd venture just making the commanders stronger on their own, might work as well. I know I generally opt for recruiting regular indy commanders due to the generally lower gold cost, and their ability to be recruited without forts. If I use a national commander unit, it is because they have the right type of leadership values, greater strategic map move, or decent cost. Other commander unit effects (standard, stealth, glamour, etc) play an important role as well.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).

Last edited by Septimius Severus; July 13th, 2010 at 01:34 PM..