Thread: SEV question
View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2008, 10:19 PM

Sergeant

wilhil is on a distinguished road
Default SEV question

Hi all!

There seems to be a few new posts, is this still the place to post or have people moved over to the other forum?

Its been a while! I have had a lot of work and have not been playing games for a while.

I fancied a game of SEV and installed it on my new laptop, and am a bit worried.

My old pc (that I was using when SEV came out) had a Geforce4 mx 440 64mb... old, but worked! I can not remember having any problems with SEV, I remember having to wait about 5 mins between turns deep in to the game.. but I do not rembmer anything else.

My new laptop has a Geforce 8600MGS 512Mb, it is far better in every way to my older desktop (I can render about 3x the speed in 3DSMAX), however SEV runs so slow. I turned on FPS, and I get about 60 at the menu, but it drops to about 8 in game.... when I first get in to game it is around 20, but then after I click on any dialog (research, construction e.t.c.) it drops to the 8-10 and stays like that even if I come out of the menu.

I just downloaded a demo and I can run Supreme Commander with decent frame rate, so something must be wrong here.

I am using Vista ultimate x64 edition. Is there any compatibility issues?

Thanks