View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2009, 08:55 AM

Sergeant

SlipperyJim is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Favourite Boardgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeff
If we're digging back into old games:

Illuminati (Not the collectible card version)
Nuclear War (& Escalation)

More card games than board games, I guess. Neither at all serious, but an awful lot of fun.

From "The Boy Sprouts are using Orbital Mind Control Lasers to control the Mafia?" to "Woof! Any one have change for 20 million people?"
Ah, memories. Both of those games were very fun. I was especially partial to Nuclear War/Escalation. Apparently, there was a third game in the series, called "Nuclear Proliferation", but I never tried it.

I was actually so enthralled by the Nuke series of games that I created my own version, called "Islamic Jihad". (Not politically correct, but I was in highschool at the time.) Imagine a game about global terror, but using the Nuke War/Escalation framework. I made the game with 3.5" index cards, and I played it a few times with my friends. Then we went back to RPGs.

Hey, how about the Ogre series from SJ Games? Those games were a lot of fun.

Speaking of SJ Games, does anyone remember Car Wars? That game (and the zillions of expansion sets) was my addiction during middle school. A laser in a turret + a cyberlink = Shoot out everyone's tires!

Good times, good times....