View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2010, 08:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

Stavis_L is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another quick on on astral Corruption...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispedersen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfb View Post
The "going from drain 2 to magic 3 plus dominion sculpting" is the thing I don't understand.

You are going to magic-3 scales only in the province that has the dome, right?

[[other options deleted]]

3) you wait until the dome is down, but you don't benefit from the magic-3, because you don't have dominion

Yes. With one candle of dominion your chances of having a scale flip are small. Several nations can easily get one candle of dominion, mictlan, lapythium, ea arco. I've lasted 22 turns at a go without losing one scale.

Even if lose dominion in the province, you still lose your penalty (in this case) of -2 drain.

Finally (and this is a tiny bonus)... many events seem to key off scale not dominion.
Actually, do you need to have positive dominion to get the benefit of the scales, or will neutral dominion (no candles of either color) suffice? Because if you've got heretics/stone idols, getting zero candles is (relatively) easy.

I could maybe see doing this if you had side-by-side castles, and were willing to leave a low value commander or two in the horror domed province to prevent someone sneak-popping your lab.

But it's a lot of micro.
Brainless Soulless - a fix for Life after Death/Ankh "exploit", Bogarus Scout Fix