View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:15 AM

Private

nicklemarr is on a distinguished road
Confused I've got a technical problem.

All of a sudden, WW doesn't like to work correctly on ANY of my rigs.

When I start WW on my main rig, I have graphics problems with the cursor. It appears to be a small square that looks like nebulae.

1920x1080, 60Hz, full-screen.
GTX 580 with the latest drivers.

I do notice that whenever I launch the game in full-screen, the screen turns black, then WW apparently minimizes to the taskbar. I ATL+Tab back in, to see the 4 mouse graphics stretched over the entire screen for approximately 2 seconds, then it loads normally till I get to the menu, then the cursor is glitched.

I have played WW for over 100 hours on this machine and I took a small break because of work, come back and bam.

On to the less important things. None of my laptops will play WW anymore. They all have the most current drivers, (I've also tried older drivers). They all support OpenGL up to 3.

I start WW and it's just a black screen but the sound is playing. I have reset my graphics settings many times and fiddled with every setting.

Now, before you all say it's my installation. Let me say this, I have WW on the original disk, not a digital version. I patched to 1.22, and on a vanilla install, these problems exist, which lead my to believe it's my settings, but I have even tried it on a test machine with a new install of Windows 7.

Anyone shed some light on my problems?