View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2006, 05:55 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA R\'lyeh considerations for a successful MP s

Naturally, Void, you can use shambler thralls for more ambitious endeavors, the above was just an exaggerated example. An example with a point though, namely that having large numbers of those easily produced units keeps those units safe, simply because they've got protection in numbers, which lets you continue to build them and build them. Also, they aren't nearly as effective against human nations, or even AI nations, because those nations are using their troops more effectively and can counter a mass forward rush in lots of different ways. 3500 gold isn't badly spent on shambler thralls, providing ofcourse that you use them well, to break the enemy's lines, soak up damage, destroy large mobs of small creatures, etc. And, they are the best pure combat unit Aboleths gets (this despite my running into slave trolls equipped with heavy armor, wielding coral glaives, led by an aboleth Mind Lord. I know that it's a balancing issue, but it seems to me that if the rogue Mind Lords have the infrastructure to enslave and then equip sea trolls, then certainly I should be able to.), except for slave princes. All in all, they're a good unit to have, much better than the seven kinds of lousy slaves Aboleths also use.