Old August 25th, 2008, 12:09 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official Complaints/Concerns/Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyron View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lch View Post
Upgrade do what? 2.0.0.16 is the current version from the 2.x branch. Maybe there's another workaround to make the browser vBulletin-friendly?
The current version of the browser, obviously. You're only going to run into more problems over time running obsolete software (esp. since FF 2 will not see new updates to the Gecko rendering engine, ala FF 3). If you're worried about screwing up your profile, just make a backup copy of it before upgrading..
Dear sir, as I wrote before, the current version which seems to be considered the "stable" one over the "developmental" 3.x branch is still the 2.x branch. I don't download something manually, I install what's the current version from the package of my distribution and this way I have the convenience to automatically have it updated every time, too. I could tell the package system that I want to use the unstable 3.x version, too, but I fear that then some things might break unexpectedly and I might have more trouble than what it's worth. So instead I hope that FF3 is going to officially replace the old FF2 browser - I AM using Gentoo, which usually is very bleeding edge about its software, compared to distributions like Debian.

On my old Windows gaming box, you can see where I am without an automated update system for my software: I am still using some Firefox 1.x on there.
Emergency comic relief