View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2022, 05:12 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: International Defence Green and White Papers

Now that bridge is in range of their new missiles along HIMARS/MARS II/MLRS-E rockets.

"Great battles are won with artillery."

Napoleon Bonaparte

I would say"...with better artillery."

Russia had the advantage and instead of using it on the battlefield as they did to great effect in WWII, they chose to focus mostly on shelling cities beyond the front for no tactical or strategic purpose. It sure wasn't for "winning the hearts and minds" of the population living in those areas.

You have to keep your "eye on the ball" which is where the enemy is directly around you. Ukraine is showing us how a smaller focused force can be effective against a larger and "better" equipped one.

I'm certain some western armies will/have taken away many "lesson learned" from this war to date and beyond.

But it is too soon to say the Russians are completely out of this war. However, reports in the last 24hrs. are indicating great quantities of tanks and other vehicles and large stocks of ammo are just being abandoned on the battlefield.
https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-war-.../32029623.html

There's plenty more out there besides this above. This from 8hrs. ago.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; September 12th, 2022 at 07:10 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: