View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2010, 09:50 AM

Private

MarcoPolo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Welcome Star Legacy Development Group!

I think the pitfalls to making such an overcomplicated system for the purposes of balancing turn based moves versus realtime ones are obvious. CPUs of today cant handle the type of ambitious gaming dynamics we cry out for. So to simplify things is the compromise.

I dont mind having a Sins of a Solar Empire type rendition to the overall look and feel of the game as long as the basic premise is still as far reaching as the solid efforts of past games, MOO2 and SE4. Its original concept design that makes and breaks a game, also implementation. But there are alot of has been 4X games that could of been amazing but fell short, some are Imperium Galactica II. It could of been incredible if done in a more expansive way. Although it did have some unique ideas that are appealing to me still.

Well I just hope Star Legacy can balance the expectations of many 4X fans. My requirement is simple, please make the star systems as realisitic as possible, like Haegemonia, with star types and planet types having at least some bearing to habitability and resources available. I really am yet to see a game that boasts being able to be scientifically accurate in the way planets are generated, and having spectrally precise stellar bodies ie stars. Wouldnt it be amazing to visit Sirius and see a blue giant that perhaps has quite a different array of planet types to choose from.

If one can exploit differing level of resources based on tech level and abundance of terrestrial planets, asteroids, versus gas giants and star type, then I am happy Im sure its quite clear by now from my previous posts that im abit of a logistical nut and immensely enjoy astronomical accuracy. Being abit of science buff too and how human development would carry on realistically beyond the stars.