View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2012, 11:03 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CoE3 game variation ideas

Tourist Game
Or maybe another tutorial to try when you first get the game. If you want to just WATCH a nation play then you can do this..

Make sure that the settings include Cluster Start and Common Cause

And then setup a "team" of you as human player, and the AI you want to watch (or another human player I guess with a server game).

Start the game, and simply march your commanders to their deaths against the nearest independents. With Common Cause turned on it means that no one loses if a team member is still active. So you can continue to just hit END (or y ) to keep the turns happening, and watch your teammate play out the game. It makes for an even FASTER game. You cant watch battles but you can view units. I can definitely see where that might be fun to do for a few times when you first get the game.

I chose Druid because it doesnt bring anything to the game. The capital is just a hut, and it gets one village. So the High Priestess didnt gain anything by my starting near her and leaving. I named my druid null so each time I hit y I got "null's turn" as my prompt

Last edited by Gandalf Parker; February 9th, 2012 at 11:24 AM..