National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Windows Vista and Windows Seven Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVPERTVS View Post
Thank you very much Don!

Please bear with my dumbness, I just want to make sure I got it right:

I bought my CDs back in 05, I assume they´re the V1 you´re refering to? They come with the installer for XP and all I have to do if I want to bring those up to date is just install them and immediately after that just run the consolidation patch for each one and after that the new upgrade patch and Im ready to go, right?

The installer issue confuses me a little Im sorry. As I understand, the original CD install path is intended for xp but consolidation patch and new upgrade have been updated so I have to redirect them manually if Im using xp?

Now, new CD versions have been issued, they´re already brought to latest version before the latest upgrade, right? and they have been updated with the new installers? so these new versions are intended to install under win 7-8 and the path for xp must be redirected manually or they will automatically set the path depending on my os?

It´s hard to believe it´s been almost 10 years already!

Regards
The old-model game installers will point at C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2

The new game installers use C:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2

In other words the "Program Files\" part of the path is removed.

It is mind-numbingly simple to change the old CD initial installer to use the new path!

Step 1 - assuming that you have some save games in progress in the old obsolete /program files/ folder that you want to keep - back these up by copying to a temporary folder.

Step 2 - Now uninstall the old game.

Step 3 - we will now reinstall the complete game form scratch but using the new style path.
We do that since all patches in the future will use that scheme, so now you wont now have to manually point to the old folder for each and every one.

When the path is shown in the old CD's game installer, you simply delete the bit in bold: C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2

Install the game there

Now, all you need do is install the new consolidation patch, and then the new version 6 patch in that order. These will now not require re-pathing as they are set up to use the path you just used to install the game to.

Finally, copy your saved games you backed up (if any) to the save game folder.

It really is as simple as that!

cheers
Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: