View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2005, 02:34 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Muliplayer Campaign Idea with SIngle Man units

Here is some more information;

Basically it would be where each player would have his own 1 man unit, 3-4 per side ( I would create them in the Editor along with the mission and scenario). These 3-4 would play against the AI each playing his own man/unit each turn. Sort of a multiplayer, pass the file around to all players to play their unit. It would be like a 3 vs 1 where the 1 is the AI or a dedicated BAD guy to control those forces.

This unit would be edited so he has a personal weapon, some grenades and ammunition for the scenario. Each player would be set up like this, playing a soldier from whatever nationality they preferred.

Here is a sample using myself.

You will see I have my trusty M16 (60 rounds of ammo) and a 40mm M203 Grenade Launcher (with 4 HE and 2 AP rounds). I have no grenades or other "Support Weapons".

I do have 3 Smoke Grenades but I have edited it so I do not have a radio couldn't carry it with all the other stuff. I also have a pair of Night Vision Goggles (Vision 20).

I would play this unit in the scenario/campaign and all the other players would have themselves to command. We would play against the AI or a single "evil enemy commander".

You essentially create you own character (1 man unit).

* You pick a nationality and unit type infantryman, scout, sniper, machinegunner, engineer, etc.
* You select your personal weapon (rifle) from that nation's OOB. Some may be able to select a LMG BUT must carry their own ammo.
* You select a sidearm (pistol) from that nation's OOB.
* You select Support Weapons (limited to some grenades, molotov coctails or a light AT weapon). Enginners can start with a flamethrower, or a satchel charge, etc.

Whatever you pick would have to be realistically portable by a single person in combat conditions!

In essence I will create a story for the players to play with their units. I may allow them to start with a vehicle or some non-player characters controlled by a selected player to fit the story. You may find a radio, special weaposn to carry int the next scenario, etc. Kind of an interactive campaign where we will make things up as we go along. The story will evolve based on my desires and player input (you guys come up with the mission ideas, I'll create scenarios for you to play it).

Each will be played against the AI or another, single enemy commander.