Thread: Question Op Fire Filters
View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2018, 12:59 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Confused Re: Op Fire Filters

I have hit a roadblock setting opfire filters for a platoon of Iraqi T-62M's. I set the filters at armor front max at 16, armor front min at 12, and armor engagement range at 10. The T-62Ms are controlled by the AI. A cavalry scout detachment of M3A2s are approaching the T-62Ms from over 30 hex. Visibility is set at 76. The T-62Ms light up the CSVs from a distance of 22 hex. This is not what I expected.

Reducing visibility to 10, the T-62Ms engage the CSVs from 22 hex away. Again, not the expectation.

I further reduced Searching and Hitting in Preferences to 30%, with the T-62Ms destroying the CSVs from 22 hex away.

Finally, I crept the CSVs toward the T-62Ms at 4mph until I was within 10 hex of their position with filters, seraching and hitting set as above. Unfortunately, the CSVs suffered tank fire at 22 hex when searching and hitting was reset to 100%, although their movement was limited to 4 mph.

The object of these tests is to use a visibility at 76 (to make use of dust trails) while reducing the armor engagement range of the T-62Ms to no more than 10 hex, simulating reduced visibility of the tank crews.

The armor values of the CSVs are: Front Max 15, Front Min 12.

I am at my wits end.

Solutions?