National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Glancing hits

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karagin View Post
Interesting moment, French Milan team fires on a T-72 and gets a glancing hit. Not something I expected from ATGMs, but still an interesting turn of events. Another reason I like this game.

There was that video posted that looked like a Light AT weapon fired from a second story skimming the top of a T-72............ so sorta like that

I changed it to glancing because it had been hit with no effect and "glancing" better describes what is simulated
That was the video of the NLAW fired within minimum range IIRC. It still set a fuel tank on fire or at least damaged something on the far side of the tank.

"Glancing" hit was originally "track hit" and has been called other things as time went on, it is basically "Bounced off" - ie a no-effect hit. Whether from fuse failure, skipping off at an angle, passing between the roadwheels or an 88mm shot passing through a light tank Mk VI's tinplate protection and not touching any crew mwmber as it did so - does not matter a jot. Its simply a NO EFFECT result, which happens in real life because of Murphy's Laws.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: