View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:31 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: a difficult Pangaean strategy

I greatly appreciate the comments that show Im not alone in my thinking here. Other threads had me beginning to wonder.

Boron: thanks for the comments on Pangaea in blitz games. Very appreciated. I particularly like this..
Quote:
I find Pan to be a very interesting nation because they are flexible, but need to be played very differently to other nations because of their rather unique national troops + commanders.
Thats exactly how I feel about it. Too often when people put down Pangaea (not always, but often enough) I see that they are trying to play it like Ulm. Obviously they would suck at that. Im bugged when people rate a nation like Jotunheim, Caelum, Arcoscephale, Tien Chi without trying to use what is obviously a central theme to their design.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)