View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2006, 07:27 PM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road
Default Re: a difficult Pangaean strategy

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:

I agree with KissBlade. Boron you surprise me. I thought you were one of the "mp blitz is the whole game" people. I apologize for that.

I really like i think almost any way to play Dom3.
In SP i usually play huge maps and with mods. Currently i love Amos mods.
In MP i like both blitzes and longterm games.

But when discussing about balance i usually focused on blitzes, because imho there potential balance issues are most problematic.
In a longterm MP game there is always diplomacy, and there is research.

In SP imbalances are imho even beneficial, because they imho enchance it by adding more variety and they can help the AI .

But in blitzes if there are early game imbalances you eventually discover them. And if you do not have research and diplomacy as potential weapons against them they are annoying then.

Now modding seems versatile enough though to "rebalance" those problems especially for blitzes .

I like usually to be very straightforward though. I can understand now that this can lead to misunderstandings.
It might be somewhat related to national mentality.
Generalizing is always bad, but it is indeed somewhat true that germans like to criticise.
And they are usually more straigthforward, political correctness is not very popular here neither.
Most important though is that if we criticise something it has to be interpreted also as indirect praise.
Because we usually only criticise stuff that we care about.

So thank you for your apology Gandalf and i also want to apologize if i often sound either too harsh or too "whining". To some degree it is really a cultural issue probably.

If someone would do a survey about the various posts so far in this forum which "criticised" dom3 i think the majority of these posts would be from european users.

And sorry for the OT post.