Thread: Map Poke in the Eye
View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2008, 12:33 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Poke in the Eye map

Thats the only problem you find?

The program that generates it each day is totally random. The units dont match the terrain, the nations, or even each other. The sites dont match anything. And the allies dont make sense. Thats why I refer to them as Chaos maps.

The only thing MORE chaotic that I have found was a project I kicked off that Leif did where a program created a MOD which made random changes in every unit of the game. Random changes in armor, or hit points, or morale, etc etc.

Something abit LESS chaotic is a project I kicked off that Ballbarian did called SemiRandom. It allows players to create logical provinces and add them to a library which will randomly pick and place them onto maps. Such as a combination of province name, population type, magic sites, commanders, commander names, equipment, bodyguards, units that fit a single theme. For water maybe a province called "going to Knight School" with the "Shark Lords" magic site or "Shrine of the Shark Lords" (allows recruiting Shark Knights along with some gem income) or the "Tower of Pearls" (all that and Hydromancer). Of course logically then it would be guarded by Shark Knights and their schools of Sharks and Small Sharks. And maybe a Kelp Fortress.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)