View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2008, 09:25 PM

Corporal

Panpiper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Poke in the Eye map

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:
Have you created a province for it yet?
I have given it a little bit of thought, unfortunately my mind keeps turning to ultra powerful provinces. I really should spend a few hours one day seeing if there aren't some 'cute' ideas, maybe something that will make a player notice they passed through.

That is the problem with the less than powerful provinces I find with SemiRandom. When playing SP and marauding about the map with an uber army, I often do not notice the effect of the SemiRandom provinces other than occasionally getting a magic item. It's the ones that stop me cold, that give me a fight, that I notice and that I most like.

Maybe a configuration setting could be included with SemiRandom that gives the player a choice as to the average power levels of the provinces when they are generating the map file. This way me providing a half dozen powerhouse provinces would not upset the current ratio (not that a half dozen is really that significant).

(Actually I just now made some notes for a not quite 'power house' province that a player would definitely notice if they stumbled through it.)