View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:31 AM

Private

Azurain is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Assimilation (Conquered Lands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
Excellent work! Kudos to you for filling something that has been a fairly frequent request.

There is some territory here that can fall into MAP commands instead of MOD. Ive found that adding a capital magic site to a nation causes it to be treated as a capital site. But interestingly, the game does not check to see whose capital site it is. In this way, I have given nations the capital-only units of other nations. And when the capital is taken, it is still treated as a cap site (it does not give the invading nation those units). A fun example is giving Erius glamoured infantry to MA Man which allows MA Man to really kick ***. Great for boosting AIs by allowing "allied" AIs to be super-allied and use each others units.

I know, the opposite direction that you went in. But Im wondering if what you originally wanted was the capital units? What Im thinking is that you can clean up that duping thing if you use a map along with the mod. Or you can offer it as a special online game using your mod by using an edited map for that game.

Can a cap-only site be duplicated in a way that creates a non-caponly site? IF a nation is placed in a specific starting location, then the map can clear out the sites that each nation gets in their cap and replace them duplicate sites that are not flagged for the cap-only checks.
Thanks!

I wanted to avoid having cap-only units as the 'conquered' units since they tend to be the elites. I prefer the idea of the elites generally refusing to follow another god, but some of the rank-and-file units and commanders/mages being willing to join up.

That said, if you like the idea of collecting the capital-only units, it'd be easy enough, without having to worry about map commands, to just edit the sites that give capital-only units and replace the 'homecom' and 'homemon' commands with 'com' and 'mon' (which would then let the units be recruited by anyone who owns the site, rather than just the home nation). You just have to remember to re-add any gem producing commands since editing a site tends to wipe most of the site's attributes.

Technically that'd avoid the 'duplicate' issue, but I find it to be at worst a very minor annoyance, personally.