View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2008, 03:20 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kaleva, Songs of Sorcery - 0.85 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herode View Post
General evaluation for the units I tried : IMHO, Moose Brothers are far too powerful for their prices.
Huntsmen (stealth +35 ! for 35$ + 15res) make scouts of no use as recruitable troops in the capitol.
Mages are very cheap also considering that Wisemen & spellsingers are powerful mages & excellent researchers.
Moose Brothers changed. It seems the shield makes much bigger difference than I thought.
I increased encumberance of first form to 6 and second to 4, removed kick attack from first form and slightly lowered defence on the second form. I also slightly increased resource costs of Hiisi and Moose Brothers.

I think the encumberance change alone does the trick. If not, I can increase their cost or make them capital-only.

I forgot I gave them normal scouts as recruitables. I've given them thematic scouts and sacred hunter-chiefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingchih View Post
The herdsmen are quite weak. I've been using them as a meat shield, but I have to keep going back to a castle and filling up because they die so quickly.

The Hakkapelite are also very good. I think they are well balanced for their price. How about a little flame burst when they kick? Would that be hard to do?
I'll give Herdsmen leather caps. I removed them because I noticed the sprite didn't have them. Lazy me. :P

Flaming hoof would be very simple to do. Hakkapelite actually had flaming hoof attack for some time, but it'd make them cost more, and I decided non-sacred units with no resistances and mr of 10 shouldn't be made too expensive.