Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2022, 04:48 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MBT's

Everyone needs to keep in mind that the info available is in many cases sketchy at best. We have tried to sift through it as best we can but I have no doubt there will be items that turn out to be wrong simply because the info we had at the time was just wrong.

Case in point is the US providing 155 howitzers to Ukraine. The type in the early info was not specific to the model, At first, I thought they would be M777 but when coupled with the supply of M113's that seemed less likely and then I read so "informed" analysis that suggested they would be M198 which made more sense given the accompanying M113s. Since then I have read they are M777's but not from any "official " source but again if you are supplying M113's which first went into service 62 years ago the likelihood the 155's are cutting edge is slim so I went with M198s but right now I wouldn't eliminate M114's from the range of possibilities.

With things like this it's a crap shoot sometimes

The other items are more detailed
Quote:
The latest package will provide: 10 AN/TPQ-36 counter artillery radars; two AN/MPQ-64 Sentinel air surveillance systems; 500 Javelin missiles and other anti-armor systems; 300 Switchblade drones; 200 M113 Armored Personnel Carriers; 100 Armored High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles; and 11 Mi-17 helicopters
for the guns it's just
Quote:
18 155mm Howitzers
I weighed the possibilities and decided on the M198. The only difference in game terms is the name

POST RELEASE EDIT

Just before release. info confirmed they were M777's and the name and photo was changed and a M777 specific Icon was added so that is what you will see in the game OOB's everyone has now

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; May 5th, 2022 at 03:16 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: