Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2022, 02:09 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Another Russian tank has lost its moniker as an invincible tank.
It is my belief that what the article below is depicting as a destroyed Russian T-90M by Ukrainian forces is correct. What I'm surprised by is that Russia only has about 100 T-90M tanks in service and just over a year ago just equipped the first unit with them. Which is about how long ago we entered them I believe.

The tank I expected to see first would've been the T-72B3M/also referred to as the T-72B4 which we had decided to enter into the game as the T-72B3/4 hybrid tank that combined the improvements of the B3/B4 variants to save slot space.

So, I've looked at some videos and my sources and have concluded in my opinion that the picture from that Ukrainian Twitter account is a destroyed T-90M (Export version is the T-90MS which was developed first.) as reported.

What took it out is unclear, at first, I thought maybe another tank might've made the kill hitting the tank on the right side with the impact and explosion causing the "road wheels" to blow off from the left side.

But after a closer look, it appears the turret has been "shifted" left and if you look closely beyond the reporter's right shoulder where it meets his arm (Follow the jacket shoulder seam down.) that appears to maybe be the Commanders sight standing up on the ground.

With that I'm thinking it more likely killed by a "top attack" weapon or by one of their precision guided artillery rounds.

Anyway, here's the article with the blown-up picture I used to confirm the tank against all I mentioned above.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...74da24ed66f374
https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/st...108226/photo/1
Well, I guess you need to click on the picture to blow it up.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: