View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2008, 01:38 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Russian weapons v4

"AK74 and AK47 -correct name AK-74 Rifle and AK-47 Rifle"

Maybe you don't see how ridiculous complaints like this look ??

NO.. obviously not.

And "3. The weapon 006 - PPS-43 - wrong range - 150 metres - correct range of 200 metres"

NO, correct range for SMG's using pistol ammo in this game is 3 hexes max, not 4 and I don't really care what sources you list that say otherwise. You already complained about this previously. Obviously I ignored your recommendation and it's not going to change so if we release another upgrade next year and it's still 3 hexes I supposed you'll include it on the next list as well ?

and "22. weapon 068 - MON Mine - This weapon needs to be cleaned. It is a defensive mine. In game already there are such mines which we buy in defensive missions. "

MOM mine is in the game for the same reason the claymores are in the US and USMC OOB's. Sorry you disagree but I have no intention of "cleaning" it from the OOB.

"89. weapon 238 - 9M119 Refleks - this is weapon clone weapon 172. I suggest to clean this weapon. "

Yes, I'm well aware of the duplicate Refleks. There were other weapon changes that resulted in a number of minor scenario problems which I corrected and issued new versions of . Removing one or the other of those would result in much more serious scenario problems so the duplicate stays.

"weapon 047 -AZP-23-4 CS Gun - This gun the gun clone - number 057 - it is necessary for cleaning. Shilka without a radar can shoot on any purposes, less precisely. "

Yes but it's supposed to represent a vehicle only used against ground targets and if you give it a flak gun it will react to aircraft like a flak gun and when used as a CS it's not supposed to.

Look........ Anyone really interested enough to be concerned that we call and "AK47" an "AK47" instead of a "AK-47 Rifle" will use your OOB and we allow you the space to offer it.

99% of the other players know an AK47 or and AK-47 or an AK-47 Rifle are all the same thing. Worrying if we have a hypen is just a bit too much but thanks for taking the time to do so.

Just because you find a source that says an RPG-2 had 200 mm of penetration ( for example ) doesn't mean I have to accept if I check other sources and find differing opinions I make a design decision and go with that.

I went though most of the list you published previously some things I changed, some things, obviously, I didn't but I will certainly tuck this list away and when I can actually look at an OOB ( especially that OOB ) again without getting a headache I will go though it and anything I agree with I will change and anything I don't , I won't and then next release we can go though this all again.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....