View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2010, 06:05 AM

Private

DeSangre is on a distinguished road

CBM - MA Races Rankings

Hello guys,
I'm kinda new to the forums, so first of all hi to everyone.

This thread is dedicated to a project that -everyone- can join to help. Basically the goal is simple: to create a list of nations ordered by strength from top to bottom.

I already talked with some of the "experts" on IRC and we came up with this current, tentative list for MA. (other ages will follow later)

The list was made with CBM in mind. I'll get to a vanilla version of this list (which should be, in any case, somewhat similar) only once this CBM list will have settled a bit.

The list is far from perfect, but it's aim is not to be "perfect", it can't be and never will. Instead, it's just made to be an helpful tool, both for beginners (they even in this current very "beta" stage can see at a glance if a race is MUCH better than another) and for experts (handicap systems/team games), but we need the list to settle on a much larger input before we can say "ok this list is somewhat reliable" and this is why I decided to open a thread on it.

The numbers you see are at the current state probably based off a single guy opinion, so they are "obviously" not averaged, not tested, etc. but I've been on the Internet enough to know that people are prone to discuss more over data (even random data) than over blank cells When you see three identical numbers for a race, they're probably just placeholders: suggest anything even remotely more accurate.

For MA, which is the scope of this thread, we decided that Ermor was the nation of reference, having the "best" early, middle and endgame. Ashdod is the only exception, but since as of now it's just too powerful, it'll be treated as such, with values over 100%.

So Ermor gets 100% in the 3 phases of a game.
It has been somewhat decided that
Early game: Rush strategy/Efficiency in expansion in Turns 1-12(or more, if map is very large)
Midgame: Everything in between
Endgame: Advanced summons and/or end game tactics at a nation disposal

The "exp" tag means that to unleash the full potential of that race, an expert player is needed.

How can you help?
It's easy and you can help however you want, I only ask that you try and be honest in what you say, after all, there's no "right answer" so if you think a race is underrated or overrated, just drop a line, assuming you believe in what you say. I'll give you some examples:

Man 70-40-25

It means you think that Man is good at the beginning, mediocre in the midgame and poor (but not downright terrible, that would be 10-0) in the endgame.

If you can, please avoid comments like:

Oceania is underrated (period. )

Stuff like this doesn't really help much, because I won't know if you mean that it should be top tier or something. Of course, you don't -need- numbers in your post, just make sure to add whatever detail you consider relevant to your suggestion. If you agree with something someone else said, that is good feedback too.

I'll eventually update this message based on comments I receive.

Note: I acknowledge something like this might have been tried in the past, but I couldn't find it in the forums and in any case I thought: whatever. (I'm that deep)

Code:
               Early    Mid     Late
Ashdod		200	130	100
Pythium		100	100	100
Jotunheim	90	100	100
Ermor		95	95	90
R'lyeh		40	110	120
Vanheim		100	100	70
Shinuyama	85	95	85
Mictlan		90	80	75
T'ien Chi	70	90	85
Marignon	90	60	80
Pangaea		75	75	60
Abysia		70	60	75
C'tis		50	70	80
Arcoscephale	60	70	60
Caelum		55	80	40
Bandar Log	25	45	95
Machaka		65	90	10
Ulm		60	50	30
Man		60	60	0
Eriu		30	85	0
Atlantis	25	40	30
Oceania		50	25	0
Agartha		25	20	0
You'll find the most up to date revisions here, but I'll try and keep the 2 versions both updated with the changes:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...7Q&output=html

Last edited by DeSangre; February 18th, 2010 at 06:22 PM..