View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2008, 01:31 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas how to improve WinSP MBT/WW2 !

"1. Engineer tanks/bulldozers - could it be made for these to be able to push destroyed vehicles from one hex to the next one? Many times a vehicle or a number of them get destroyed and block a road, for example. I've been reading here about limited time of the battle, but I don't mean this as a recovery operation, but rather as a real battle situation. So, for example, one tank gets destroyed, blocks a road, but behind him there is a dozer tank who just moves him over to the side. I believe even in real life this would take a short time to do."

You can, if you want, give an engineer tank enough carry capacity
to load another tank. Any other way to implement this would be impossible or too difficult to be worth it.

"2. Bridge layers - I've seen there was some talk about it, but haven't seen any conclusion. I have had many missions played in the terrain crossed with small streams (one hex) which can get your vehicle immobilized (unless you go over -1 fords; there are just few of these all over the length of the stream). It would be great if somehow bridge could be erected over these short spans."

This has been discussed for years, even before these forums were created.Same answer as above.

"3. Tank transport - what's the use for these? I've never used them in a game. Is it possible to transport an immobilized tank this way?"

IIRC yes. What's the use for these? Well they exist in real life, so why not?