View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:54 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oceania - Let's fix it. Mod discussion

The undead secondform is a nice idea. But, I don't know. I was thinking of something less drastic. Their cannibalism wasn't about delaying hunger, just gaining the power of the foe they had slain. So population eating is out. Definately nothing goody about it, but I'm still a bit leery of completely demonising them. Perhaps I feel that it would be a too "easy" path.

But now that I think of it, these guys would probably be very scary. Fear is too much on recruitables (the commander could have fear thought), but perhaps pillagebonus? Perhaps the devouring aspect could be played out something like this:

"Dema headhunters are feared for their practice of devouring their fallen foes. This practice goes a long way back, to the times when the land was filled with strange monsters and humans were few. In those times, the bravest Dema warriors defended the tribes against the monsters and devoured them to gain more strenght to defend the tribes. Those brave headhunters who honor their ancestors by continuing the practice are very strong and healthy, clearly as a gift from the ancestor spirits. They wield moko, protective tattoos made by the shamans."

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C4%81_moko a'k'a good hp, morale, and reinvogration, the "moko" is represented as some natural protection.)