View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2022, 02:59 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: SP and SPAA Developments

With the following (NOT THAT I NEEDED IT.) further verifies that the first M270 MRLS systems were from the UK as per Posts #217 #221 & #223.

With that established, Germany has just delivered 3 additional PzH 2000 155mm and 3 MARS II (German version of the M270 MRLS.) systems from ref. 1 ...

"The MARS II of the German army is equipped with a new European Fire Control System (EFC) enabling the firing of guided rockets called GMLRS. It can also fire M31 GMLRS, M31A1, M32, AT2 and 110 mm rockets, but not of M26, M26A1, and M30, so as to ensure full compliance with the Convention on Cluster Munitions. "

"...GMLRS is now able to conduct high-precision engagement of point and individual targets and is used as an artillery sniper weapon. The MARS II rocket has a minimum engagement range of 15 km and can hit a target up to 70 km. It also integrates a 90 kg unitary warhead, providing precision strikes for point targets."

Also concerning GEPARD the correct number received was 5 units vice 3. So, the Ukraine is operating 1 battery of them.

"Citing information from the German Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht, Germany has already delivered five Gepard 35mm mobile self-propelled anti-aircraft armored vehicles..."
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...r_systems.html

Concerning CAESAR I start with the following... "The reports of my demise are premature." because France is in the process of sending six more.

Dated from the 20th...
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...o_ukraine.html

Frances's issue is that they are bound by law to maintain 77 units but 18 (Including the 6 from above.) have been "gifted" by France to the Ukraine.

They simply need to make more.

"...among the 77 CAESAR self-propelled howitzers that it must possess, in accordance with the format defined in the report annexed to the Military Programming Law (LPM) 2019 -25, the French Army currently has only 58 left as a result of its gifts to Ukraine."

How fast not very and this is a GOOD EXCERCISE to understand how long it takes to build major combat equipment as taken from the following ref below again.

"It now remains to be seen how Nexter and its subcontractors will organize themselves to accelerate their production rate, especially since the CAESAr has also attracted foreign customers, namely Belgium (28 CAESAR NGs) (Mine: That's the 8x8 version in a different configuration as well that Switzerland is currently looking at). Currently, it takes 18 months to produce a unit."
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...o_ukraine.html

They could "technically" send maybe another battery as long as they replace them. And as the immediate above ref indicates, they have some options on how to get there.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; July 27th, 2022 at 03:08 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: