View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2018, 12:56 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: 2018 SPMBT Upgrade Patch

I have discussed this in various threads in the past. As Suhiir and Don have mentioned, the AI will definitely use troop carrying helos. I've mostly seen this happen with the Chinese and overall mostly when the AI brings the reinforcements on the board. The mission is universally the same, get to your victory hexes or better yet, a cluster of them. If that's too hard, it'll land them a close as possible to them.

Though it hasn't happened to me, I do get concerned with the Russian AI when I've seen as many as 8 Mi-24 HINDS in the air. It's a very tough helo that I can't discount aren't carrying troops. The manner in which they try to probe my lines, makes me feel there are troops on board them, however, I'll generally after my SAM units have fired at them use unloaded APC's to harass them to move away. And just continue you the cycle until they've been chased off or shot down.

This with no adjusts made to the options menu. I suspect that possibly due to the long duration of my generated campaigns with about 21-27 battles over 1 yr., might somehow affect this mathematically in the game over the course of the campaign. There are personal triggers as a the battles moves along when I feel it might be necessary to pull back some type of APC's to cover my victory hexes, because something just doesn't "feel right".

Good topic and I learned something from it.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..