Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2022, 10:06 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

I felt they would do this and said so, Germany leaning towards approval of donating 50 LEOPARD 1 tanks that be delivered within 6 weeks with the rest over the course of 3 months or less.

"Military equipment maker Rheinmetall is preparing to supply up to 50 used Leopard 1 battle tanks to Ukraine, the Handelsblatt newspaper reported on Monday, citing the group's CEO."

"Rheinmetall could deliver the first tanks in six weeks and the rest over the following three months through its subsidiary Rheinmetall Italia if it gets a green light from the German government, Chief Executive Armin Papperger told Handelsblatt."

"Papperger said Ukrainian soldiers could be trained on the Leopard 1 within a few days if they are already skilled military personnel." I'm sure the Ukraine has available tank crews by now.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...7627f44893217e

They should be of a later version/possibly updated of the LEOPARD 1; I think I have it narrowed down to 3 possible candidates.

Still trying to get more solid verification on this.

Also, this could open the door for the MARDER I that's been "batted around" for the last week or so.

Can't help feeling like I'm at least running a 1/2 Marathon these last few weeks with CINCLANTHOME, here and work.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: