View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2012, 07:21 AM

Sergeant

Rosollia is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WIP campaign 29th Infantry division (testers appreciated)

Quote:
Did you play the old version with 16 round limit or the longer, new one?
I played the version with 32 turns. I believe the problem was that I diverted all my troops to the North and then I just did not have enough turns to reach the Southern victory hexes. The enemy artillery was devestating. With a better strategy I believe I could have captured all the victory flags.

Quote:
Also, was there any level that "stood out" to you, either positively or because it was no fun at all?
I think these were my favorite scenarios in the campaign:
- St Andre
- Setterrich
- Julich Counter Attack

I did not find anything majorly wrong with the other scenarios either. Here are just some small things:

In the scenario Task force sugar where you had to destroy the German Graf Spee battery I found it almost impossible. The battery is at the map edge with victory hexes under the bunkers. One would need to use alot of smoke and advance the infantry along the map edge to get behind the forts to destroy them I guess?

The trucks in the core force were not very usefull and most of the time I just deployed them in the map corners and did not use them. Only scenarios that I think I used them were:
- Fontenay
- Task Force Sugar
- Montbarey

The most anoying enemy units to me were the snipers, the small LMG troops and Scouts. These were so hard to spot and ofthen sneaked right next ty my troops and caused casualties. The Scouts and LMG units are size 0 so that makes them so hard to spot. As for the snipers I would avoid the expensive cost ones since they are so overpowed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rosollia For This Useful Post: