Thread: AAR Bear vs Dragon
View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2018, 06:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Bear vs Dragon

In this scenario by Suhiir, Russian troops fight Chinese in the Chosin Reservoir of North Korea. The premise is basically that the NorKs have made a failed nuclear test that made the whole world turn against them and Russians invaded North Korea to topple the regime, something the Chinese are against it. So it is a race between the two powers as to who gets to Pyongyang first. The scenario is a meeting engagement between Russia and China. It is a very long scenario (90 turns) and the map is 150*100 hexes in size.

I start the scenario with a single Recon company. The map is totally controlled by the Chinese, which given that it is a meeting engagement probably means the already have screening forces in the area, but the main force is yet to be found. My main force will come as reinforcements later on as well. The landscape is typical Korean landscape: hilly and with relatively little vegetation. That makes controlling hills very important, much more important that capturing objectives if they do not correlate with the hills. The plan is for the Recon troop to find the enemy forces, occupy some important high ground close to them and wait for the main force. The map of the battlefield is the following:

The pink areas represent the approximate location of the objectives. The yellow areas the most important high ground. Like I said, controlling these goes first, objectives second (unless they correlate). My recon troops are to the north. They have received sporadic MG fire from the south, about 1 km away from them. I need to be cautious with my advance. This will be a long, hard fight.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post: