View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2006, 03:19 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Agrajag is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Finally: Sar Elad, testers needed

I pretty much agree with Shovah:
I think the scythe could use +1 attack +1 damage.
Both sacred troops are pretty weak, just compare them to EA Ermor's infantry and see for yourself :X
I'd give the Turning Sword two attacks due to its dynamic nature, and maybe decrease attack/damage by 1 to compensate, or just up the price a bit (especially if they also get awe).
The Lohem Mashua'ah seems to be paying dearly (in cost) for his blessability, I'd just make him cheaper, which combined with his none-capitol-only-bility (:P) would combine into a half-decent massable blessable.
I don't agree about the Melumad, this guy is obviously the cheap researcher, and does that pretty well since he is the only one not under the threat of old age.
As for the Navi, I think the best way to treat him is just to extend his life expectancy. As thematic advisor for the mod (:P) I can say that that would be really thematic, since several really holy men in the bible are known for extremely long lives (700 years and the likes). Maybe up his max age to 120, but increase his age to ~90.

Also:
I think the Shopeht could probably use a price reduction due to his old age, but also some research penalty, as these guys tend to lean to the active side rather than the ponderous side.
Sarei Milhama should be Sar Milhama (sarei = plural of sar)
The Sair's sprite suggests he has a copper helmet, which he doesn't.

The final comment is only thematic: while it would take quite some effort without much reward, I'd probably create exact copies of all bronze weapons and armor currently in use and rename them to copper.

*Applauds the hard work done by Nerfix*

[Oh, and BTW, for anyone wondering my work on the mod is just:
a) Thematic advisor (names for units, who should have what, what makes sense, etc.)
b) Minor Sprite modification (Nerfix drew up everything, and I did some very minor editing to make it look a bit better, for example the weapons/armor are a bit brighter than the original version, and I made minor changes to other colors to make them look more real and less like pictures)]
[And now compare that to Nerfix which coded and drew everything, as well as came up with ideas and suggestions]