Thread: Fed Up
View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2011, 02:47 PM

ScottWAR ScottWAR is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 189
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
ScottWAR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fed Up

Originally Posted by Malfador Machinations View Post
Hi All,

Yes, I have received the manifestos, and yes I have read the forums. 75% of the manifestos are change and addition suggestions. The remaining 25% are general descriptions of why the AI is not strong enough. General descriptions are very difficult to reproduce. I need specifics.

The following information should be in bug reports:
1. Version of the Game
2. Type of game you're playing - Single Player, Multi Player, Hotseat, TCP/IP.
3. Section of the game - Movement, Combat, Install, Purchasing, AI, etc.
4. Detailed Description
5. Why you feel this is incorrect behavior.
6. Steps to reproduce
7. Savegame
8. Screenshots
9. Debug Log

Obviously, you can't provide all of the preceeding information in every case. But savegames and screenshots are very important. AI actions often develop over several turns. I need to be able to see what the player is doing, and how the AI is reacting to it. AI behavior is strongly dictated by the player's actions. A different player will get a different reaction.

And exactly what salary does this position pay?

Come on man,...we already paid for the game, you are asking us to do detailed work if we want you to finish what we paid for?

Just fix the game.