View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2012, 08:11 PM

Private

Campaigner is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down People get angry when you criticise their favorite game....

Quote:
So, essentially you're a whiny little brat with an entitlement complex? Because, to put it bluntly, that's exactly the way you sound.

"Waaaaahhh! How dare they not cater to my exact desires, even though I didn't even bother to check into what they were doing or give feedback?! How dare they develop a game without hiring an entire team to do high end graphics at great expense to satisfy my sense of entitlement?"

That's what your argument basically boils down to, now that I've seen the reply. You came in assuming things and demonstrating you know nothing about software development and then went off on a half-cocked tirade on that basis.
Dude, WTF??
I don't know HOW you gotted that BS from my post but you seriously need to FIX your interpretionskill on understanding written posts cause yours is useless!

I never said a goddamn thing about that Illwinter should make a game on how I want it!
I'm saying that I'm frustrated that they make games with designchoices I don't enjoy and am puzzled as to why their graphics are ancient!

I had no idea about this game until your advertisingpost on AoW Heaven. And it doesn't matter ONE BIT if I knew about the game beforehand or not! Why should it??
I read your thread on AoW heaven, saw some youtubevideos of the game and decided to ask why the game is the way it is!

And you shouldn't need to know a damn thing about softwaredevelopment to ask why a game is the way it is!

Quote:
You're also complaining how mods should not be needed to make the graphics look better, so what is your take on the likes of Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and a truckload of other games where the stock graphics look like crap and graphics added via mod make everything look much better?

As far as the porting to Linux or Unix goes, with regard to Illwinter, you have that arse-backwards. They develop their games on Unix, then port them to Windows and Mac.
By saying I'm "complaining", you make it sound like I'm *****ing and being annoying. But nice wordplay there.

QUESTION TO EVERYBODY: Do you believe that mods should be needed to improve graphics..?

Never played any Elder Scrolls games, but I can't agree any of'em look like "crap" (I'm detailed in what I say and 'crap' would be like max a 2 out of 5).
I'ts good that people do that.

As for porting, completely irrelevant to me.

Quote:
And your admission on just how much you actually seem to know about AoW mechanics and the comparisons you make with CoE3 mechanics, are you kidding me? "I've tried FC, but never bothered to analyze it." ROFLOLOLOL!

Here's a hint: There's a big effing article at AoW Heaven, based on this thread, which goes on at some length and has some serious discussion by people who know what they are talking about.
I don't give a damn about FC so why should I care about it??
I know a great deal about AoW mechanics except for FC (which I don't care about).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi View Post
Seriously, if the high end graphics are that much of a make or break issue, why don't you stop beating this dead horse, sod off and go look into something like Masters of the Broken World or other things. That one even uses a hex grid.

Although if you want to find out current information, have fun learning Russian, since there's almost nothing on the English language internet on that except a previews.
....So by discussing with you CoE III fans I'm "beating a dead horse"??
OK! So then you should only ever praise games you like and NEVER ask other communities why some games are a certain way and why they won't change.

Don't worry, I'm not getting this game cause being in this community with complete dicks like YOU is something I would never stand!

....Outside of politics, this is the first time where somebody I at first had a friendly discussion with becomes a complete dick after only four posts....congrats to the record

I've seriously never been so disappointed in my life at somebody on the internet.

Gandalf,

So you're saying that Illwinter will never grow into a size where they will be able to make games to compete with Age of Wonders, Warlock, Fallen Enchantress and the like.
OK. I understand.

Real jobs you say? So making games isn't a "real job" huh?? I think you just upset a whole branch of people there.

Yeah, people have asked me why I don't become a computertechnician but there are so few places to work where it will actually be FUN. I've learned during my internships that in that branch some jobs are so friggin dull I would feel sick working at those places.

Gandalf and samoht,

So people that come to your precious little community and ask why the games look old & outdated are classified as trolls....OK.