View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2020, 12:35 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: APC Development and related topics.

Why Don and I enjoy OOB work so much...
Looking back at Post 493 above on the BADGER, Ref 1/6 variants, Ref 2/5 variants and Ref 4/9 variants.

Carry ranges from 6-10 troops (Though that ref did indicate it would be a tight fit @ 10.) for the "Section" variant.

Now I'll lean on Ref 1 for those numbers as listed on the bottom of their article as 4 crew + 7 troops.

The "Support" variant won't have a ammo issue as well, it'll only carry a two man dedicated ATGW team attached on very one of the type, also from Ref 1. 5 less seats/troops make a lot of room for extra 30mm rds. and whatever their ATGW teams carry.

I'm leaning on Ref 1 for the BADGER because of the listed Bibliography though the refs are all good, the one that caught my eye was the following: "Smit, A. 2018. Interview with Badger, project manager Denel. Date 9 Feb. 2018."

This is why, though I compared them against my sources, this ref. was so important to me in unraveling the SADF MBT issues as submitted for the last patch, it was the SADF and SA industry interviews that were important to me plus they also included/used a couple of others I had independently researched myself.

So here's that Ref 1 again.
https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/moder...-africa/Badger

It's always good to have a "tie breaker" if the situation warrants.

The bright side is it's only, actually now 4 years behind schedule. better then ARJUN at 30 years I suppose!?!

Daughter is "kidnapping" CINCLANTHOME for a week so I'm off to bed to send them off.

Thanks Don!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; June 8th, 2020 at 11:29 AM..