View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2007, 01:22 PM

First Lieutenant

Xrati is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A revisit to politics

Quote:
Does greed not exist in these other civilizations? How about Blackmail? If anyone ever played C&C: generals: "There is always a way in". There are many ways to accomplish the goal other than sending in a team.

Granted, Intel systems with AI players are rough and tough to implement properly.

aegisx, You think in human terms. A society that does not use monetary values and has no sectorate classes would be VERY hard to bribe.
Your last statement is very correct and is why I will not use any Intel system. Obviously, you agree too!

Quote:
Blackmail, bribes, threats, subterfuge, insertions of loyal ex-patriots...
I'm not saying it can't be done, but why can't I do that?
Siirenias, good points but again, all human based in "human logic".
Blackmail - Only useful when something of great value can be lost to the victim.
Bribes - totally useless except human races.
Threats - Pretty much out in the open, no need for intel here.
Subterfuge - Open to different interpetations, I cannot comment on such a diverse topic.
Insertions of loyal ex-patriots - The key word here is LOYAL, to whom? Probably a good idea for a true counter-operatives (double agents).

Now, tell me what's so good about intel? I still don't see it. It always turns into a 'game within a game' mentallity and I don't buy games like SE4 for the way their intel plays out.