View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2009, 04:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

kianduatha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod 1.6

Very nice job. I'm kinda terrified by the MA Agartha changes though, just because there were so many. I know the blood stone change nerfed them a fair amount, but there's so much going on here I can't help but think it's an overcompensation.

Mostly I'm afraid of the Golem Crafter random--giving them critical mass in fire and water is pretty good. You get even better sitesearching, rune smashers with a water bracelet, and staffs of corrosion, as well as the standard evocations. Native astral access is another beast entirely. One booster and your astral forging is self sustaining; You get Gift of the Heavens, ethereal crossbows, and mind hunt immunity. Even better, you don't have to desperately rush for specters/hidden in sand to defend yourself.

Add on top of that the reduced level and cost of your statues, plus umbrals down to level 5 again, and it seems like you have an absolute powerhouse.

All that being said, the earthstone nerf is pretty major; we'll see how things pan out. And if all those buffs turn out to be justified...what about Ulm? What does it get to compensate?