Old April 29th, 2022, 09:05 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4K and large monitors

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansoar View Post
hi,

Question on my mind regarding the future of WinSPMBT and WinSPWW2. I know the engine is based off of the original SP2 model in terms of graphic display during the combat phase. The SP3 engine (used by MatrixGames for SP:WAW), changed the interface in a fundamental way by introducing windowed messages during the combat phase that were centered on the monitor.

The SP2 engine, split combat info into two areas, the top of the screen for information on the firing weapon and it's combat calculations. The bottom of the screen for hits and the results of said hits.

(see attached image)

with the deployment of 4K (even 8K) monitors of sizes such as the 43" monitor I own, its become almost impossible to follow the information during the combat phase. Even with pause settings lengthened, its extremely difficult to read the information presented during the combat resolution phase on a large monitor with a 4K or higher resolution. Your literally flicking your eyes from the top of the screen to the bottom to try to digest what's going on. Often its just too fast to register. Even if one could slow it down sufficiently, the pause would make turn resolution take way too long.

My question for the developers is: Can the way information during the combat phase is displayed be modified or is that too fundamental a change to the Game Engine and thus impractical? I'm hoping its not impossible, but I get it that there's only so much the team can do with a game going on 30 years old.

Thx!
Not the dev. Basically what the other user replied to you. Plus, I suggest you do what I do, play in windowed mode. Yes I know it's far from perfect, but we are talking about a very old game engine and...well, such is life.