View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:58 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Traitors! Team Game! 1 Captain, 1 Player needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikelaos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimius Severus View Post
Not following you Nikelaos (per previous posts). Did you volunteer to be the last captain?
Yes I'm volunteering to be the last captain.

And Allium you need to make a bid on a nation.
Oh, sorry, I was confused because in the last post you said you didn't offer to be captain.

I haven't decided on my bid or nation yet. If we have enough players for the 3 teams we can probably start by deciding who's going to be on what team and that will give people a chance to finalize their bids/nations better perhaps after discussion with their teammates/captain (or we could wait for more players and another Captain).

It's ultimately up to Chris to decide how this is to be done, but there are several ways to go about it: Player preference (letting individual players choose their team, might reduce any possible discord), Captain's Choice (captain's decide which players they want), or letting the admin assign players. In the case of the captains or admin selecting team members for each team, it can be done via an alternating posting method or via ranked list, or what have you.

Or if Chris wants the bids and nations to be finalized first before teams are grouped, that will work as well. In that case, I'll have to get my bid in ASAP.

Some thought will also need to be given to team communication method, IRC, chat, e-mail, forums, in-game messaging, etc. If the captains want I can set up a special section on the NaV forums for their teams.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).

Last edited by Septimius Severus; August 17th, 2010 at 02:17 PM..