View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2012, 09:39 PM

Sergeant

revenant2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Primordial Cupcake - LA, No Graph, CMB - [Enrollment Closed, Upload Pretenders]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark7element View Post
In a multiplayer game with diplomacy, the strength of nations like Ermor and R'lyeh is also a liability, because few if any players will tolerate their presence, much less ally with them. I've only played one Late Age game before (with about 10 players) and Ermor got dogpiled as soon as the other players learned where it was.
As someone who's playing Ermor in another game, I think I know why this map is unsuitable: It's too big. If Ermor does well, they'll have to deal with unspeakable amounts of micromanagement.

The lack of graphs will further compound Ermor's misery because players are less likely to concede, which will prolong the game (I like graphs off BTW).

Here is a what a screen-shot from Ermor looks like in the late game (Matty, close your eyes) on a smaller map. Note the large number of arrows, which -- you guessed it -- are hordes of undead streaming to the front lines. These undead might be free, but they don't move themselves.

Not because they are too strong, but out of mercy we should knock Ermor out of the game quick.