View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:07 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod v1.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by kianduatha View Post
I think the takeaway from all this is that Ashdod can expand quite handily with its non-sacred giant troops--which is really awesome.
This is definitely worth pointing out since CBM made those non-sacreds cheaper than vanilla. And this combines nicely with the current scales making prod more appealing than ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kianduatha View Post
I don't understand why people would want Zamzummites to be cheaper rather than better mages. Especially if expansion is starting to be from actual troops instead of Adon power-hour, the next step seems to be adjusting balance to be roughly equal between Zamzummite mage-power and Adon thuggery.
Because discounting their price a bit lets you afford more of them; making them better mages increases their power considerably more because you don't have to use those all important gems to open up things like banefire and drain life and even summon earthpower (combined with an E bless) for a mage that has incredible staying power. And as I mentioned, these aren't fragile mages that can't survive a late game battlefield.

Now I realize your proposal of a 25-50% chance of an extra DE pick is very different from the 100% chance they have in vanilla but those are the concerns I have about going that route.