View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2007, 04:19 PM

Private

CaoCao is on a distinguished road
Default Re: This would have been a lot better than dominio

CoE and Dom both have their good things, thats why I feel like both lack something the other has and combined and expanded, it surely would have been very hard to balance, but after all it would have been a truely great game.

The feel of uniques in CoE feels a lot better than in dom. And that is while CoE is pretty limited, sure the more you expand it the harder it gets, but at the same time it gets even better.

In dom most races, are pretty similar, there are a lot, but that doesnt help a lot. They might seem different, but in the end they feel all to familiar.

The pleaseant exception like Ermor or R'lyeh
are very nice and I would have liked to see more of these and less "normal" races. Playing these makes the game a lot different and that is good. There has to be normal races but the more unique the better.

I would also like to see something that makes you more attached to your units and commanders, upgradeable troops in CoE were great, even though very limited. And many "commanders" quite important.
The huge item crafting system and heroic abilities in dom are very good aswell, but not enough on their one.
In dom I feel there are to many commanders around with great items, if some die you just forge new items and recruit and/or summon a few new ones. (Same with mages)

Commanders and troops should be able to become very powerful over a long period of time of course. So in the end you have fewer commanders and maybe even troops(depending on your race), but should one die it would be quite a blow and a huge success for any enemy you may have.

Maybe one should even be able to promote a simple unit after years and years of fighting and surviving countless battles. The lonly knight becoming a commander, the archer mastering his skills and being noticed or the lizard city guard who performed all these "tremendous" deeds in defending his country and his god.
That might be like a one in a few hundred chance or less, but oh well, some very few peasant succeded in becoming even kings... (Fire Emblem did this whole "little grunt becomes powerful" pretty good)
The weak experience system just doesnt work well!

Well then obviously more sites, just more to find and locate in all these waste unknown lands(even more sites...) and of course more event, I played games where every round there was at least one event and if it was that rats infected the food storages and ate my supplies so I had to sent a few man to solve the problem or say good bye to my food and probably face a greater rat problem in the near future. Great event, that reacted to how you handled it and just an example.

I could go on, but I guess I wrote more than enough already.

In the end there are not much good games coming out any more, so what ever you do next. I hope it becomes good.

So good luck to you and may you succedd in your task, citizen.

Your Dominar spoke and must now return to his lovely servants. We shall not let them without guidance for too long. They just dont seem to know how to enjoy their short lives without me!