View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2007, 05:34 PM

Private

CaoCao is on a distinguished road
Default Re: This would have been a lot better than dominio

Quote:
Kristoffer O said:
Some of your thoughts are things we want to implement in our next project.
That is good to hear.

The rat quest was just a example for events that can last several "turns" and change accordingly to your actions.

When you find the deepest cave in the province for example... you could decide whether you want to explore it deeply,
just take a quick look, ignore it completely or even try to seal it up/"destroy" it.

That would provide a lot more options and deeper connecting and lots of additional possibilities.
The more risk, the more possible gain.
Just a few such events would make a game and its world much more alive, with random functions their outcome could be quite different
and you could never know what you might get... The added replay and strategic value would be surely nice to have.

Do I encounter monsters, or even a whole hive? Do I find valueable items/gold/gems/"free units"?
The deeper the exploration the higher the chance for more gems/gold/??? production every turn.

You could also have a option to always be able to destroy some sites, so they do not fall into enemy hands or simple if you don't like their side effects.
If I like the freezing cold, why would I not raze a heat radiating site?
Or imagine a demonic blood temple, where innocent virgins are captured and even sacrificed... how could a righteous and beloved leader not do something against that,
without losing support from his people and feeling ashamed?
Of course, he could not!

More interaction with sites would be nice, so they are not only gem/gold/supply/unit producer.
After all some are magnificent buildings and most important to you and your race or your enemies...

Surely this is only a small part, but could improve the whole quite a bit.

Your Dominar spoke once again and my trust in you, my most beloved citizen, is great.
Your hard work shall prosper greatly and its fruit be harvested without any delay, for me to enjoy!
If the Dominar is most well, his loyal subjects surely must be as well!