Old October 2nd, 2010, 11:05 AM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hellpower. What the hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyweiser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispedersen View Post
I've reported this previously. I was able to make the spell work more reliably by modding it to 1 blood slave, but then its too powerful.

Undead got no benefit from the spell in several tests, nor did the casting always transfer to slave mages.
Yeah, I left a remark about this spell, and another blood spell (blood burst = b1, uses 2 slaves), At the CBM thread. I suggest making it B2, and use 2 slaves. Nice tradeoff, and it allows your b2 mages to cast b4 spells. (Bloodletting, comes to mind, also takes away your fatigue. Harm (b3) is also nice, as the AOF/dam increases with higher blood. And casting hellbound at B4 gives a penetration boost of 1. (each 2 levels above req give one boost).

I haven't tested it in communions, nor on undead. Still a todo.

A few blood mages casting hellpower, and harm using a small communion would be nice artillery. If your mages can stand the horror attacks.

Say you have 4 com slaves, hellpower, that would boost your blood level by 4. And harm does one additional damage with each additional blood level (so 4 more AN dam at -2 resistance). (Don't know about the AOF increase I guess just one additional square).
The problem is that many people consider blood magic too powerful. I'm not one of them. But a lot depends on your play style.

Blood has to be harvested, which is very difficult when you are being raided, or when you are in economic difficulty.

Your blood collectors are subject to remote attack.

Additionally, in combat use, your blood slaves are subject to death and battlefield placement. So, things like rain of stones first round can make blood useless.

Also, any attack will make the blood slaves pop out and be lost. So blood magic is extremely susceptible to double taps. Finally, I've never been able to use excess blood slaves to reduce fatigue, boosts levels like you can with gems.