View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2010, 11:34 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: problem with Dom3Minions server

ATTENTION
People who are running games on Dom3Minions server who are not receiving backups. Not the little quicky games but the larger multiplayer games. Some of you contacted me long long ago to set the game up using PMs here. Ive had to clean that box out a few times since then.

With various rumblings about some of the servers, and some scary "CPU Overheating" notices on mine, Id like people to contact me again for those old games. Some are above a hundred turns and/or over a year running. I can see that they are not stale. Some of you have already setup for zips of the game to be emailed out by preexec or postexec. For those who are not getting backup copies of their games emailed to them, consider it and contact me. I can also set it up to do it every 10th turn, or some other number.

Id hate to have such long-running and active games fall out if (knock on virtual wood) something happened to the server.
This will also be posted to the other forums and newsgroups since I know that only a portion come from here.

EDIT: come to think of it, if any of the longer running little quicky games want something like a copy of the map or a backup of the game or turning on the view of AI files then feel free to contact me also.

Gandalf Parker
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)