View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2006, 10:27 AM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Clash Of Armies [Started]

Ron - I had thought Wraith Lord had the blood income site from the giants, but I guess you do instead. Or maybe there are more than 2 blood income sites on the map.

Wraith - Your punishment plan to yourself looks fine with me:

1. Destroy the SDRs.

2. Send your blood slaves to Vanheim since he will be dominion killed quite soon.

3. Send 200 gold to each player if you want. The gold is not a very big deal on this high income map, but this could serve as a reminder to not do it again.

On the subject of blood summons - a few weeks ago, I had a thought that I ought to summon a vampire lord with my slaves. So I built a sorcery ring, built the Black Book of Secrets, and started some blood research for the first time in the game.

But then I eventually realized that getting a vampire or 2 per turn for 20+ turns would not really scare anybody! On the other hand, getting 25 vampires a turn (which I could easily have by now with blood hunting allowed), now THAT ought to be a threat against any would-be invaders into my dominion!

It does seem to me that the blood hunting prohibition has been a good thing to do. If not for that, I am guessing that my blood income would be at least 300 slaves per turn. And probably more! Blood summons would be crashing all over the map by now without the prohibition.

It would have been a far different game indeed.