View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2022, 11:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scenario 589-Taming the Tigers. A PBEM AAR

Thatnks for the good game!

Indeed, this scenario is problematic, as it is quite unclear who is supposed to attack. I generally dont like meeting engagements, as MEs require operational background to properly introduce the initiative.

I however decided to advance up noth with PzGren Company supported with half of Pz IV Company, later with failed reinforcement attempt by one more platoon. To the south I stayed passive, waiting for IS-2 to advance on me. Generally terrain was problematic. It wasnt that flat and there were several smaller woods. This allowed T-34s to hide and sideshot my Koenigs as I advanced. That was something I wanted to avoid badly.

Nevertheless, I damn underestimated Soviet numbers to the north. I expected only one company holding, maybe with some support. Instead - thats after the game reference - it was two companies plus entire weapons company, as well as additional AT gun platoon.

Al this had broken guards status, giving them impossible EXP and MOR as for the Red Army. Essentially Soviet troops are better trained in this scenario and enjoy greater numbers. Nothing to love from German perspective.

Anyway, it bogged down after I encountered resistance from nearly every ****ing house. And then indeed hills shielded Aereaa's tank shift fro mthe south and I was not aware of much greater tank formation in the village than I expected. Indeed a platoon of my tanks advanced against lone T-34s and was wiped clean. This is where I called off my attack. I attempted to bring in some more tanks roughly by the sime time, yet they got wrecked by additional Soviet 76mm guns covering the village.

Contrary to what Aerea says, I used my Koenigs in the north to act as bait, in order to shift his armoured attention from the upper part of the village. When this probably did not work out, I retreated them to the woods, hoping he would move in chase.

Meanwhile my recon was doing some good job, albeit a job not worth a love. They were surrounded by Red tanks, but yet thy managed to provide valuable intel and wreck some IS-2s.

As such, Soviet attack in the south did not really develop, as advance guard was caught in ambush.

This being said, stalemate is a good word for that thing. Neither side completed any goals.

I wanna play some more with Aereaa, so probably more AARs will come :P
Also, it is possible to write some from Trudge for Turda campaign, provided they will not disclose any operational goals, as the campaign is still running.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post: