View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2006, 10:03 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

tinkthank is on a distinguished road
Default Just bought the game -- brief plea for help

OK well despite the modest replies to my demo thread, I splurged and purchased the game and was able to DL the .iso and get it running ok. However....

- Periodically (every 10 minutes or so), the game will minimize itself and dump me out to the desktop. I can still get it back up via Task Manager, but it is annoying, especially if it happens during battles.
I am running version 1.11 in fullscreen mode on a servicable WinXP machine (1 gig RAM, 128MB Radeon Mobility, 1.88 GHz).
This did NOT HAPPEN to me in the demo, ever.
Can anybody help me localize and fix the problem?

- When I get the Aethric Mirror (or whatever that device is called), and use it to jump to inhabited worlds via the command "mirror", I often get the message "you have won a decisive victory" and access that planet's trade emporium without having taken part in a battle. In fact, if I come back to that system later via regular "engagement", I may often find (hostile) creatures. Is this a bug in 1.11?

- This is just a small thing, really, but I notice that while the mission types all seem to be very similar, the military one seems to be easiest simply because the ship has more slots. I do not, however, see the scoring scaled for that -- science seems much harder, but the score is not scaled. Is this intentional?

Thank you very much