View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2023, 11:12 AM

Private

dTerm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Omaha Beach - Scen #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post

[...]
Andy put his finger on the cause first try after a number of tests were run to elliminate other causes and the fix WAS in the smoke code

We will run some more checks then apply the fix to MBT and run some checks. That will take time to do and then probably issue a replacement EXE but it has not been decided if we will do that now or wait until the next official patch / update

To be determined . We know it fixed the edge junk and stops the crashes but now we need to test to see if there are any unintended consequences..... that can take time because initially we knew what to look for......with the "unintended consequences"........ we don't

That said I did not see anything odd happening with this save game running but I wasn't specically looking for things other than the known issues

Don
Have you thought about "field testing" the fixed binary? Some of the crashes the players have encountered, were hard to reproduce on your computer, if I remember correctly.

Chances would also increase some more exotic, but easy to spot, consequences are found, I guess.